Located in Waterloo Street, in the middle of a residential area, and built in the mid 1860's, the Church with it's spire (added in 1878) is a landmark which can be seen from many parts of town. In 1967 part of the Church was divided to provide a Community Centre for local use. It is the only facility of it's kind in this part of the borough and provides a meeting place for a wide variety of groups. The congregation raised over £130,000 to repair and renovate the Tower and Steeple in 2002.
The friends of St Philip's is a registered Charity set up in March 2004 to raise funds to assist the maintanance and improvement of the Community Centre.
Meet The Team